Saturday, May 10, 2008

Overload Moment

This morning, I had what I call an overload moment when I created my "To Do" List:
  • 8 loads of laundry (regular 5 loads plus the sheets have to be done today because the boys' beds were too close to the demolition process last week and ended up with wood chips and nails, yes nails, in their beds)
  • Fold and put away the 2 loads of laundry that have been sitting since last week in the basket
  • Grade 15 Stats Exams (6 pages each) plus 4 late assignments that students turned in
  • Determine the grading scale for final grades in my College Math classes and assign grades
  • Do the schedule for my two high school classes for next week because I didn't get to it on Friday
  • Write two quizzes for Algebra 2 for this next week
  • Plan a party for my outgoing Seniors
  • Create a key for three homework assignments for Algebra 1 (20 problems each)
  • Sort boxes in the garage and determine if anything can go to a garage sale that is happening this coming week
  • Price anything for the garage sale this week
  • Plan Avritt's birthday party
  • Clean out all the stuff that got dumped in the living room last weekend when we emptied the basement
  • Do meal planning for next week
  • Wash the 3 pots and two cookie sheets still sitting on the counter from yesterday
  • Come up with supper for the family
  • Order a recessed tri-fold mirror for the new bathroom downstairs
  • Decide how high the mirror will be hung so the builders can make the cavity in the wall for it
  • Pick out lighting for Emily's new room, the boys' room, the bathroom, and the laundry room
  • Do my foot exercises (at least twice a day), which consist of calf stretching (3 times for a minute each) and rolling my foot over a tennis ball (5 minutes), holding my leg out and tracing circles with my toe (2 minutes each direction), and balancing on one foot (3 times for one minute each) so my foot can finish healing
  • Don't walk too much so my foot can finish healing

I'm sure there are a few things that I have forgotten about, like keep the kids in order, or check email, or eat, or things like that. I think the last thing on the list was the tip-over for my overload moment.

No comments: