Friday, February 20, 2009

Happenings

Avritt finished his swim season last weekend, but I was a bad parent and forgot the camera, so we don't have pictures. Avritt did well at the "A" Meet. He was part of a 100 yard Medley Relay (he swam the backstroke leg) that placed 4th out of 5 teams. He also swam in two individual events. He placed 13 out of 23 in the 50 yard freestyle, and 23rd out of 23 in the 50 yard backstroke (because he missed his flip turn).





Here's a picture of him and a friend at a swim meet back in January:





Other things that have happened lately:
  • I finally got around to having Mike help me hang one thing on the wall - it is made from black metal (some of it is painted gold) and depicts some plants waving in the wind.

  • Someone knocked our mailbox off the post last night. Can you get mail if there's no mailbox to put it in? I wonder what the postman did today...

  • I've been making at least one meal a week in the crockpot and discovered an exceptionally tasty dish I did not expect to like involving kalamata olives and clementines and sugar.

  • Emily made it through the first semester with all A's and A-'s.

  • I joined the board of the local community swim team where the boys have been swimming. Wow...some women are hard to deal with. This board needs some serious organization and structure.

No comments: