Sunday, January 06, 2008

Visit with Friends

I am enjoying time spent with Jason and Shelly and their new baby, Myla. She is really cute! It has been a relaxing visit so far. I have cooked some good food and had some good conversations. My kids' ages and stage of life are such a contrast to the constant care that is needed by a newborn. A lot of memories have come rushing back to me over the last few days. Things like the squeaking noises and stretching of a baby awaking out of a restful sleep, the desire to sooth a crying baby, nursing, and the rule of all new mothers: sleep when the baby sleeps.

This weekend has reminded me of how far my own children have come and how much they have learned and matured over the years. It has been almost seven and a half years since I had a newborn. Each day since my children's birth has passed to the next and as they have blended together and continued on, they have brought us to this day where I think about my daughter's high school graduation.

Amazing.

No comments: