It is finals week and I have already finished grading everything for one of my classes! Final grades are calculated, and now all I need to do for that class is report them to the registrar. I'm anxious for one of my jobs to finish up so I can focus on Christmas. I get to this time of the year, realize all the things that I still need to do in the next two weeks, and start to panic. With my college classes wrapping up by Wednesday, my schedule opens up in the afternoons. On with mailing cards, making truffles, shopping for presents, and mailing presents. I really don't like going to the post office at this time of the year, but hopefully the automated machine will be available. While I don't really like chatting online or using technology to communicate (talking in person or on the phone takes so much less time), I do prefer the automated check-out lanes at grocery stores and especially at the post office where the staff is always less than cheerful. I'm not certain if that is an inconsistent view to hold on technology.
During all this pre-Christmas activity, I run the risk of viewing this season as another part-time job and turning into quite the Scrooge. I admit that last week I had the fleeting desire to just skip it and fast-forward to January. As I reflect on that feeling, I realize that I am just too busy these days. My schedule isn't conducive to partaking in the occasional leisure activity. When I do choose to ignore my nagging "To-Do" list, I fall behind and have to scramble at the last minute to get things done. I detest procrastination.
I just turned on Christmas music to lift my drooping spirits. Who can resist Bing Crosby's wishes for a Merry Christmas?
No comments:
Post a Comment