Sunday, May 27, 2007

Progress and Setbacks






The drawers finally arrived on Friday, after 3 weeks of waiting! They were the last missing cabinets (we reordered a different kind of drawer after the first ones came and we weren't happy with the construction). I eagerly opened the boxes, and to my dismay, discovered that the drawer fronts were in the wrong style! We mixed two different styles of cabinets in the kitchen, so I understand how it could happen. However, it wasn't my mistake - it was the mistake of the company where we bought the cabinets. So they will be ordering two new drawer fronts (thankfully we can keep the box and drawer, and just switch the fronts). Otherwise we would have been waiting another 3 weeks.

Before we can call the countertop company, we have to have all cabinets installed that the countertops will be sitting on or butting up against. Those drawers were the only thing we were waiting on. Now Mike just needs to finish putting in one base cabinet and the oven cabinet (which we have had sitting there waiting) and we will be able to call on the countertop. They will come and measure the kitchen and then 2 to 3 weeks later they will come install the countertop.

We also received our cabinet hardware last week. I got to pick out what I wanted, and I really love the style of the stuff that I found. Don't have any pictures of it -- I'm waiting to take a picture until they get installed.

We are so close...yet it all depends on Mike having enough energy and stamina to push through these last things. His schedule this last week was tough (he spent some late nights up working) and so his progress so far this weekend has been limited. I'm hoping for the best...

No comments: