Our household has entered a new phase - from no employment this summer (neither of us were working during most of the summer) to three jobs. Mike's is going well and he finally feels like he is figuring out the new environment. He's getting a sense of how he might be able to contribute. I am going, going, going between my two jobs and all the planning, copying, and grading that goes along with teaching. Every night I sit at the table and crunch through all the papers. I like the challenge of learning something new and becoming better at it every day. High school is different than college. The kids talk more, and you see them every day. The periods are shorter, and there are passes to hand out for the halls. I'm slowly becoming more and more familiar with all the little things teachers have to do like put out papers on a clip outside your door with the absenses for that period, keep an official gradebook and attendance, and navigate the halls during the times between classes. I made my first two seating charts last week to help control two classes that couldn't stop chatting. I may have to give out detention.
All in all things are well except for needing a better spot to sit and type. I am suffering from shooting pains in my shoulder from all the work at my computer. I may have to steal Mike's desk space from him.
Isaac started his first year of soccer tonight and announced that he didn't like practice - he wants to play a game. We have six Saturday games coming up.
This semester will be a race to get to mid-December and then see what happens from there. Hopefully there will be major action on the house by then - we'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment