Isaac and two friends are in the living room trying their best to follow 2 rules:
1. Whisper
2. Stay in the bed (they all have sleeping bags on a mattress on the floor that is behind the castle).
So far they are doing OK on Rule #1, but Rule #2 is just too much for three boys around 6 years old at their first sleepover.
Isaac has gotten out of bed twice to use the bathroom (second time just to see the nightlight I put in there). Max has been jumping off the mattress. Spencer has been trying, but with the other two boys, he doesn't have much chance.
Wait...I think that a minute went by where I didn't hear loud whispers (the kind where you know you should be whispering but you're talking just as loud as you normally would).
I spoke too soon.
I think we're at the point where Rule #2 is starting to take effect. I haven't heard anymore jumping off the mattress. We'll see if either of the boys ends up not wanting to sleep overnight. We haven't passed that danger yet. Max didn't bring a stuffed animal or favorite sleeping item, but he does have his Spiderman pillow.
Why is it at every sleepover, there is always one kid who actually wants to sleep, but the other ones are so loud that none of them can?
No comments:
Post a Comment