I realized that it has been over a month since I posted an update. I guess that says something about life around here. On Saturday we hosted a work day at our house. We belong to a house church and one of the things we do is go to each others' homes regularly and offer up our skills and muscles to get projects completed. We needed to get our yard back in shape, and we got a lot done on Saturday. It was a cool day in the mid-50s, perfect weather for working outside. We rented a walk-behind loader for moving sand and dirt around. We regraded the dirt around the house to deal with drainage, brought in topsoil to cover over all the sand that was left from the remodel, and seeded grass. We finished the area up by our half-circle driveway, and are still working on the area down by the old driveway. The progress has been a much-needed encouragement to Mike and I.
Emily is preparing to play a clarinet-flute duet at a Solo and Ensemble Festival in November. Avritt is done with his soccer season. His favorite position to play was goalie. Isaac is enjoying having some friends over from his class at school. They make much better playmates than his mom. The kids are nearing the end of the term at school, and Halloween will soon be here. Enjoy the fall colors!
No comments:
Post a Comment